Wednesday, March 18, 2009

relaxing in Bangkok 2009 - Damnern Saduak Floating Market



It took us about 2 hours to get to this place from the guesthouse.

It was quite sad that Nicgel spent most of his time sleeping in the car, while I was enjoying the local 90s Thai songs, and chatting with the driver and pointing my hands in awkward directions, so that he could actually understands me.

Along the way, I saw many salt making fields and they almost looked like paddy's fields just that they have white lumps and clusters all over the fields. I didn't managed to snap any pictures of the salt's fields, rather enjoying the scenes and the music alone at the rear passenger seat.

I really enjoyed this outrages trip, and the market is really beautiful!

I took a few pictures from the floating market, hope that you guys will like them:-


fm1

fm2

fm3

fm4

fm5

fm6

fm7

fm8


Damnern Saduak Floating Market is situated in the Ratchaburi Province. While I was researching the Ratchaburi province, I also found out many interesting places, should I further explore this province? Click here to check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u go explore the canals that link the thai homes? did you oso visit the snake farm and show?

Kevin Gan said...

I did saw them from a far, was too lazy to go around :P