Friday, January 25, 2008

My Choice - Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM

Yes, I have been desirably looking around for a nice piece of portrait lens, which came up with the options of Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM & Panasonic Leica D Summilux 25mm f/1.4 AF, because I don't like to shoot far away from my subjects, and I want mostly the background which resemble nice colors and textures.

These two lens had came to become my options as to theirs:

(1) Wider angle
(2) Real large aperture - for fast available low light shooting and of cause the bokeh
(3) Sharp prime
(4) Small and flexible

However, the leica costs double the price of the sigma, have very much makes the decision alone here, from preview and hands on, sigma wasn't performing really bad at all, just with a warmer tone, less detail and less contrast. I think these bad points from sigma actually have the other round effect for me, as I love to edit and do some color rendition with pictures that I have taken. This really makes things easier!

61120071955
(image taken from www.popphoto.com)( Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM )


Yes, I have made up my mind and will certainly get it within this month or the next.

No comments: